The best way to develop a new skill is by applying it. That’s why our “learning by doing” approach is the best way to learn Kepner-Tregoe Project Management…your team makes significant progress on a real project.
An active learning experience, KT’s “Learn and Do” for Project Teams is designed to help intact teams learn project management skills while applying them to critical, high-value projects. The workshop provides a common approach to project management that brings about crucial team alignment. But, perhaps, the greatest outcome is that you will leave the workshop having defined and planned your project.
Audience: Designed for intact project teams looking for a PM approach that can be immediately implemented on an actual project OR for teams struggling with an ongoing project.
Reduce time to define and plan your strategic and operational projects from weeks and months to ONLY five days so you can start the important work of implementation.
Learn valuable project management skills in the context of an actual project with facilitation and coaching from KT project management experts.
Create a disciplined, collaborative, common-language, sustainable approach to set up your project teams to deliver measurable results on current and future projects.
Align your team and other stakeholders on key elements of project management, at every stage of the project.
Skills developed during KT’s “Learn and Do” for Project Teams workshop enable you to:
- Define your project to ensure project goals, scope, and resources are clearly understood and stakeholders agree to proceed.
- Plan your project to create clear resource assignments, schedules, and risk management plans to guide the project to success.
- Manage communication, involvement, and performance expectations with stakeholders.
- Execute the plan confidently to deliver project results
Return on Investment
By sponsoring the “Learn and Do” for Project Teams workshop and adopting KT processes, organizations have realized both immediate and long-term return on investment, including a sustainable project management model for future projects. Some of those results are:
- A food company’s manufacturing facility increased efficiency 47%
- A mining company’s shutdown process saved $11 million in first year of implementation
- A financial services company reduced average time to deliver projects from 120 to <20 days
- A healthcare company realized $4 million-plus from the performance of 11 projects
- An agricultural company turned around its struggling 10-hectare (~24.5 mile) glasshouse construction project
Duration: 5 days
Learning Tools Included: The Kepner-Tregoe Project Management Learner Manual, a copy of the book The Rational Project Manager or the Kepner-Tregoe Process Guide, worksheets, and job-aid process card. All workshop attendees will get access to online post-workshop learning support tools (coaching videos, tips, tricks, and more) with a My KT membership.
Certification Credits: 3.5 CEUs
Training Options: Available as group training conducted at your location.
Language Options for Global Teams: Dutch, English, French, German, Mandarin, and Japanese.