Learn the fundamentals of Kepner-Tregoe’s (KT) trouble-shooting approach. This is an introductory course to learn how to follow a systematic process of problem solving when responding to ITSM incidents and problems. Master the basics to ensure that effective help is provided handling customer questions and most importantly, that products and services are “up”. This program is for individuals who work in troubleshooting and customer support environments who want to improve the quality of their contributions to incidents and problem resolution.
Audience: Frontline support, service/help desk analysts, incident/problem Managers, call center team leaders, subject matter experts and other early adopters of troubleshooting best practices.
Demonstrate best practice in core troubleshooting skills
Develop a consistent approach and structure for handling of Incidents and Problems
Develop quality problem statements
Improve the quality of escalations & hand-overs for accelerated problem resolution
Take charge of the situation by optimizing involvement of resources
- Base knowledge of the terminology, structure and concepts of KT’s core troubleshooting techniques
- Structured, critical thinking to support the analysis of incidents and problems
- The ability to clarify available information, assess the impact and prioritize what to work on first
- Clarity in problem description along with a process to quickly gather key information to get to root cause
- Prerequisite for learning Kepner-Tregoe’s Advanced Incident and Problem Management programs and developing expert IM/PM leadership skills
Duration: 2 days
Learning Tools Included: All workshop attendees will receive the Kepner-Tregoe Tablet App and access to online post-workshop learning support tools (coaching videos, tips, tricks, worksheets, and more) with a My KT membership
Training Options: Available either as a Public Session or as group training conducted at your location