Passionate about partnering with clients and truly making a difference?
Enjoy business travel?
Ready to launch a rewarding consulting career?
If so, we need to talk!
We are a multi-national management consulting and training services company headquartered in Princeton, NJ. For over 60 years, we have proudly provided services to valued clients in a myriad of different industries including manufacturing, technology, oil and gas, mining and energy market segments. We address functional areas within these market segments such as operations, maintenance, quality control, human resources and technical support. Typical engagements include business process improvement, shutdown/outage management, step change improvement and service-related problem and incident management projects. We are currently seeking a Consultant – Client Relationship Manager to join our dedicated team of professionals.
Consultant – Client Relationship Manager
As the charismatic Consultant we seek, you will work to sell operational improvement engagements. To do so, you will need to combine prior industry experience, acquired expertise around the application of our proprietary methodology and an understanding of client business issues. We will depend on you to develop new business and extend our brand in the marketplace. As a Client Relationship Manager, you will be responsible for servicing existing clients, developing new business and extending our brand in the marketplace.
During an intensive 3-month onboarding process, you will be exposed to the approach and application of core methodologies and sales training. We will provide ongoing capability development to master the application and leadership of all of our technologies. Capability development will extend beyond application knowledge to include additional sales capability, client management, leadership and management skill development.
- Develop new clients in targeted markets
- Maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Negotiate terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Develop client proposals and administer client accounts
- Facilitate pre-sales technical assistance, product/service education and after-sales support services
- Meet regular sales targets
- Manage personal cost of sales
- Update sales systems that generate forecast and sales performance reports
- Support marketing activities by attending conferences and other marketing events as required
- Provide client training, facilitation and coaching as needed
- Make client presentations and demonstrate how our service offerings meet client needs
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other relevant advanced qualification or progression towards obtaining such a qualification highly desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience gained in a large manufacturing/operational setting (production, maintenance, engineering, quality, supply chain, etc.)
- Management experience or other positions of responsibility where personal actions and behavior have a high impact
- Successful history of selling to large accounts and comfortable with long-cycle sales
- Evidence of upward mobility in a large organization (i.e., a career track that indicates progressive movement and development)
- Successful leadership of and involvement in addressing complex, business-critical issues or management of operations projects, such as production improvement initiatives or shutdown/outage events
- Understanding of current management principles and practices (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL or other related industry practices)
- Experience facilitating learning experiences in a business setting
Our consulting workforce is comprised of talented, diverse and experienced professionals with educational backgrounds in engineering, business and the liberal arts. All of our Consultants were successful in their fields prior to joining the company and all have since developed their capability as Consultants working with clients to support their operational improvement objectives.
Our company headquarters is located in Princeton, NJ, but Consultants are hired from all locations throughout the continental U.S. Consultants are expected to establish a home-based office. We will provide telecommunications and other office equipment required to establish this office including laptop, printer and mobile phone.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation. We offer a base plus commission, with the opportunity to make over $100,000 annually. This includes a base of $90,000 annually, based on experience, plus an extensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- Future growth opportunities within the company
In addition, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Submit your cover letter and resume to: KTNAHR@kepner-tregoe.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer